So I basically fell of the face of earth. I’ve been MIA for like 2 months.
Why? Been busy.
What’s been happening?
WELL, I went to Mexico for a week in May. 1 week in Puerto Vallarta!
It was the most incredible experience of my life! Just incredible.
I was blown away by the beauty and charm of the city, the beach (although it’s not the Caribbean) the food, the abundance of tequila, but most of all the people!
Everyone was extremely friendly, helpful and just amazing!
We went horseback riding, had our fair share of tequila tasting, kayaking, went on an extreme adventure full of speed-boating, mule-riding, zip lining (even upside!) and rappelling down a waterfall.
It was about 7hrs long and it was the craziest thing I’ve ever done.
If you know me at all you would know that I’m a city girl through and through and I’ve never even gone hiking.
Not exaggerating. The one time I brought up to my husband that we should maybe go hiking, he laughed and asked if I’m going to wear high heels during the hike. So that tells you a lot there. But I successfully completed the adventure without any complaints and I actually enjoyed it immensely.
So after we got back from our trip, it was my birthday. Not much to mention there just had an incredible time with family and friends.
And then I quit my dead-end job.
It felt so good to turn in my two weeks in.
It felt amazing and terrifying of the unknown.
But I did it and I haven’t looked back since.
I hated my job (who doesn’t) but loved everyone I worked with so it was bittersweet.
Then my husband left for two weeks with the ARMY and went to Puerto Rico.
And I took over the business. I worked, worked, worked non-stop for two weeks! That’s all I did. Didn’t go to the gym, didn’t cook a thing, barely went out with friends. Just worked,but that’s fine, no complains here
And then I officially became a REALTOR.
And that pretty much covers it.
So now I’m back in action and I’ll try to blog on a regular basis again
So for my first recipe back I chose something super simple. Quesadillas.
Basically my favorite food in the world.
Cheesy Taco Chicken Quesadillas
- 2 medium taco flour tortillas
- about 3/4 cup rotisserie chicken, shredded (use as much as you want!)
- a handful of Mexican Blend shredded cheese
- taco seasoning I used about a 1/2 tbsp but use more or less to taste!
- cooking spray
- serve with sour cream and salsa
- In a bowl combine the shredded chicken and taco seasoning.
- In a non-stick skillet, preheat over medium-high heat.
- Spray the skillet with cooking spray.
- On half of each tortilla, spread the taco chicken.
- Top each with a handful of cheese. Fold in half.
- Place the folded tortilla in the hot pan. Once golden brown carefully flip over.
- Repeat with the other folded tortilla.
- Transfer to a cutting board and cut each quesadillla in 4 pieces.
- Serve with sour cream and salsa.